This is where we’ve brought together in one place all the tools you need.
Remember that healthy eating is all about what’s right for your body’s needs and balancing the amount of kJ you take in with the activity required to burn them up.
Make regular physical activity part of everyday
It helps you maintain good health and manage your weight. And it reduces your risk of chronic diseases.
You should try being active in as many ways as they can throughout the day.
Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day.
Don’t spend so much time sitting.
60 – 90 minutes moderate-intensity physical activity most days of the week. Start small and within you level of fitness, gradually work your way up.
Take everything you need to make informed food choices with you when you’re out and about, and it's FREE!
The 8700kJ mobile app is a free iPhone and Android-enabled app that gives you tools, calculators and converters, tips and the information you need to make informed food choices when you eat at larger ‘fast’ and snack food chains. And it remembers your details.
Get the 8700 app FREE!
Download it from:
Get healthy – information and coaching services
Free telephone based coaching service helping people to make lifestyle changes regarding healthy eating, being physically active and achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Free healthy lifestyle program to help 7-13 years olds and their families live healthier lives.
Get healthy at work
All the tools, resources and support your business needs to create an effective workplace health program.
Active & healthy
Find an exercise program in your area that’s right for you.
Finish with the right stuff
Encouraging sports clubs to provide and promote healthy food and drinks at the canteen and encourage children to drink water.
Culture Health communities - knockout health challenge
NSW Health is partnering with Rugby League to reduce the rates of chronic disease in Aboriginal communities.
Current and credible information to support teachers, educators, parents, carers, coaches, health professionals, kids and teens to eat healthy and be active.
Other programs and resources
- The Make Healthy Normal Health Quiz (NSW Health)
- The 10 week Make Healthy Normal Challenge (NSW Health)
- Energy in your food (Australian Food and Grocery Council)
- Healthy living pyramid - planning, tips & preparation of foods (Nutrition Australia)
- Healthy weight website (Australian Department of Health and Aging)
- How much are you getting now? - sample daily kJ calculator (Australian Dept. of Health & Aging)
- Smart eating for you - incl. quiz and self assessment calculator (Dietitians Association of Australia)
- Mums United (Heart Foundation)
- Find an accredited practising dietitian (Dietitians Association of Australia)
- Healthy kids programs (NSW Government and Heart Foundation)
- NEW: Dietary Guidelines for all Australians (NHMRC National Health and Medical Research Council)
- A healthy and active Australia (Australian Department of Health and Aging)
- Nutrition and physical activity (Australian Department of Health and Aging)
- Nutrition and physical activity: publications and links (NSW Health)