On this page
This 8700.com.au website and its derivatives, ideal figure mobile app, and 8700.com.au facebook page (“the Sites”) are maintained by NSW Health.
This Privacy Statement applies to all public use of content and information systems which form the Sites.
NSW Health understands that users of the Sites are entitled to have information which results from that use treated according to the New South Wales Government’s privacy responsibilities and obligations. The responsibilities and obligations are regulated mainly by the:
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW)
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW)
NSW Health can not control the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to these Sites. If you have any privacy concerns about the privacy policies or practices of third party sites you should consult the policy documents on the third party site or the operators of the third party site.
If you have any questions about the Sites or the application of this Privacy Statement please contact:
NSW Ministry of Health
Locked Mail Bag 961 North Sydney NSW 2059
Tel: within Australia 02 9391 9000 or outside Australia 61 2 9391 9000
Fax: +61 (2) 9391 9101
or visit our main Contact Us page - http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/pages/contact.aspx
Access to information
To request access to information held by NSW Health, please contact:
Right to Information Officer
Department of Trade & Investment, Regional Infrastructure & Services
PO Box K220
HAYMARKET NSW 1240
Tel: +61 (2) 8289 3947 (9.00am-5.00pm, AEST on NSW business days).
When you look at content on the Site, NSW Health's computer and network systems might automatically record information that identifies, for each piece of content accessed, the:
- content accessed, downloaded and transactions completed including keywords searched for at the Site and forms completed
- date and time of the access
- amount of time spent accessing pieces of content
- previous website and page visited immediately prior to arriving at NSW Health’s Site, including any search terms used at third-party internet search engines
- IP (Internet Protocol) address of the device being used, which can sometimes be matched to broad geographic data
- address, hostname and top-level domain (TLd), for example .com or .au of your server
- type of browser and operating system used on the access device— that is the computer, laptop, mobile phone or similar
- bandwidth— that is, the internet connection speed
- number of screen colours and resolution displayed on the device
- parameters used in calculators or other digital tools available at the Site.
Cookies are pieces of computer code which are used commonly to collect and record information about the behaviour of individual website visitors and allow calculation of statistics about the website. To limit who can access information about visitors to the Site, NSW Health:
- may use first-party cookies: ones issued and retrieved by NSW Health’s own systems. It has used these in the past in combination with analysis of server log files.
allows first-party cookies by certain service providers. These include ones from:
- Google Analytics, a reporting service provided by Google, Inc. and its subsidiaries which NSW Health currently uses to monitor visitor behaviour on its website. Individual visitors are anonymous to Google. Note that the information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America or elsewhere. Google undertakes to use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google undertakes to not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Website visitors who wish to opt out of this process may consider installing the 'Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on'. For more details see Google Analytics' privacy statement and Google's Privacy Centre.
- uses other service providers for its Site which have their own privacy policies and may sometimes use their own first-party cookies or similar tracking technologies. NSW Health avoids using service providers which share such data with other parties unless required by law.
Visitors usually have the option to set their web browsers to accept certain sorts of cookies or not.
Information volunteered by visitors: NSW Health provides online feedback facilities on the Site to allow users who choose to:
- provide valuable input into the future development of the Site, and
- comment on the provision of service by NSW Health.
User Generated Material: You may, upload, post, email or otherwise submit materials to these Sites in connection with the interactive tools made available on these Sites (“User Generated Material”). This includes text, illustrations, photos, graphics, audio, video, Facebook ‘likes’ and similar ratings, polls, links, sharing mechanisms or other material generated by you or other users.
Use of information
Site usage information collected during each visit is aggregated with similar logged information and published in de-identified reports in order for NSW Health to understand general patterns of usage of the Site. This will assist us in improving the Site and the services and information offered on it.
Information submitted as feedback is also used to assist in understanding the performance of the site and potential improvements.
NSW Health will not disclose outside the agency or publish information that identifies individual people or machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of machine- or server addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW), Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) and Food Act 2003 (NSW).
NSW Health may collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not publicly available NSW Health content
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on a NSW Health site
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of NSW Health's Site
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of NSW Health's Site
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of NSW Health's Site
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed, and
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of any part of NSW Health’s online communication systems, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of NSW Health's sites by other users.
NSW Health reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the Site raises a suspicion that an offence is being, might be or has been, committed.
In the event of an investigation, NSW Health will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs or other information.
Visitors to the Site should be aware it is in the nature of the Internet that information passing between sites and their visitors may pass via third party computer systems, networks and devices. Some or all of this information may be monitored, collected, stored and/or disclosed beyond the control of NSW Health.
Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and is held by NSW Health for archival purposes.
When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it is deleted.
The provision of personal details via this Site is optional. This information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided.
NSW Health may publish aggregated information about communications via the Site or usage of the Site, but it will not identify individual users or publish information that can be used to identify them (except for User Generated Material which NSW Health may use according to this document).
NSW Health captures this information on its own computers and those of its contracted service providers. Access to the raw data is restricted to a limited number of officers in NSW Health and its contracted service providers for the purpose of Site analysis and to report on the success of NSW Health in meeting it's communication and access objectives.
The policies and terms of 3rd party providers, such as social media and mobile app platform providers, will apply. These providers may include but are not limited to:
- Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms).
- iTunes Store (http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/)
- Android market (https://support.google.com/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1196026#AU).
Updates to this policy
This policy may be modified or expanded in light of:
- the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication
- new developments on the Site, or
- issues that may arise from time to time.